What Can Cause Stress?
The source of stress can change from person to person, but here are some of the most common factors and situations that are stressful and can be a problem:
- Loss/change of job
- Moving to a new home
- Death of a loved one
- Major change in your life
- Traumatic event
- Wedding planning anxiety
Early Signs of Stress
- Find it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep through the night
- Eating more or less
- Sense of loneliness
- Difficulties in concentration and focus on something
Reducing Stress and Anxiety
If you already notice the early signs of stress accumulating in your life, it is the time to make some changes. Here is what you can try to relieve stress and manage your anxious thoughts:
- Meditation: Meditation is a proven method with positive influence on anxiety and stress. Take time and try to practice meditation every day. This will help you to relax and focus on the positive side of your daily routines.
- Exercise: exercise is another thing that you can try as a stress relief technique. Physical exercises will help you to improve your overall health and tonus and will give you energy.
- Get enough sleep: make sure that you get enough healthy night sleep. Try to go to sleep at a certain hour every night and sleep for at least 7-8 hours. If you find it difficult to fall asleep you can try to drink herbal teas with calming effect right before going to bed.
- Consult with a therapist: Sometimes we are incapable of managing stress all by ourselves and it is necessary to look for an appropriate therapist that can guide us through the process. If you feel that you have tried everything and nothing works, you can try and look for professional help.